Thank you, content marketers! The blogs you read most during my first year of writing the B2B Content Marketers’ blog have taught me a lot. So have your questions.
The Top 10 blogs are focused on content marketing knowhow, in particular:
• How to build a message map for content marketing
• How to understand buyer personas and the buyer’s journey
• How to set content marketing strategy
• How to get started in content marketing.
Here are the Top 10 blogs from year one:
2. 5 Ways to Speed the Buyers’ Journey from Content to Cash. How to map content to the buyers’ journey.
3. How to Deliver Consistent Content Marketing to All Buyer Personas. How to use message maps to address different buyer personas and stay consistent.
4. How Does A B2B Company Start Content Marketing? What you need to know about buyer personas, the buyers journey, content audits, content marketing strategy, message maps and editorial calendars.
5. Free Template for a 1-Page Content Marketing Strategy. Marketers with a written strategy are twice as effective as those without one. Here’s a handy tool.
6. 5 Steps to Map Content Marketing to the Buyers’ Journey. How to make content that leads your buyers step by step through the buying journey.
7. Content Marketing: 7 Ways To Break Through in 7 Seconds. How to make content marketing that works, despite customers’ short attention spans.
8. How Short Attention Spans Confound Content Marketing. How a 1-page content marketing strategy helps you keep your executives focused.
9. How AT&T CMO Cathy Coughlin Keeps Content Marketing Fresh. A salute to one of the content marketing pioneers, who recently retired.
10. Content Marketing: Magnify the Problem, Spur Buyers to Act. What to do when buyers hesitate to take the first step – acknowledging they have a problem that needs to be addressed.
I’ll write more on these topics in the year ahead.
Remember, your questions are always welcome!
As a marketing change agent, I consult with clients, lead content marketing workshops for the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), and write the weekly Simplify Marketing blog.
With experience from Fortune 500 companies such as AT&T, RR Donnelley and Tellabs, I've been named:
- Content Marketer of the Year by the Content Marketing Institute.
- Best Marketer by BtoB magazine.
- A B-to-B CMO to watch by Fierce CMO.