10 ideas to test a new marketing message before launch – Infographic
How to test a marketing message before launch
How do you know if your marketing message works?
Before you roll out a new marketing message, make sure it’s ready to go. Here are 10 ideas you can use to test your marketing message before it goes live.
Learn how to create a Message Map here.
Learn how to use customer questions to create your message here.
10 Ways to test a marketing message
Before you roll out the message to sales and customers, ask these 10 questions:
- Does your message focus on one main home base? People will remember if your message is concise, clear and consistent.
- Does the message include “what’s in it for me”? Tell customers what is in it for them right away!
- Can the message hook your audience in 7 seconds? Use your message map and back up the home base message and boil it down to 7 seconds.
- Is the message always truthful and factual? What ever your say, tell the truth.
- Does it speak the customers language, instead of your jargon? Avoid industry acronyms and jargon.
- Do you offer social proof for your message? Offer customer rankings, ratings, quotes and other social proof.
- Does the message address the buyers unconsidered needs? Help your buyers discover the needs they aren’t aware of.
- Is the message kept consistent and credible? People equate consistency with credibility.
- Does the message answer the question why? Customers want to know why.
- Is the message positive, inspiring and uplifting? Stay positive! Avoid words like no, never, can’t.
If your message addresses all 10 questions, congratulations! It’s ready to go to market!
For more ideas to test a new marketing message before launch, subscribe to our blog.
Build your company story by answering customers’ questions When you lack a company story, everything about marketing grows a lot harder. Without a company story,...
A marketer from SEI Investments Company asked, “What is the best way to tell a corporate story with so many different business units?” It’s...