Lessons about content marketing.
As I analyze the content you shared most on social media over the past year, I’m learning a lot from you. Thanks!
You taught me 2 big lessons in 2015.
1.) You really like to share pithy content, such as:
- Content Marketing World, boiled down to 3 charts and 10 quotes.
- The Business Marketing Association 2015 conference in 15 aha! moments.
- Interviews with 5 telecom marketing chiefs, condensed into 34 marketing ideas.
- The Big Data-Driven Business, a 224-page book, summarized in a blog.
- A 1-hour presentation by content marketing guru Ann Handley you can read in 5 minutes.
2.) You like to share content that makes your marketing better, such as:
- The #1 reason buyers leave your website.
- A free template for a 1-page content marketing strategy.
- What buyers really want from your case histories.
- How to make your content marketing simply irresistible.
Thanks for sharing my blog! Sharing makes us all smarter. I look forward to learning with you in the year ahead.
Drum roll: Here’s the content from the B2B Content Marketers blog that you shared the most on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter in 2015, in rank order:
- Danger & Opportunity Ahead: 3 Trends That Will Shape Content Marketing
- How to Make Your Content Marketing Simply Irresistible
- 34 Marketing Ideas from Top Telecom CMOs
- 15 Aha! Moments from BMA 2015 for Content Marketing
- To Make Buying Frictionless, Apply Big Data to Content Marketing
- 10 Deep Insights on Content Marketing from Industry Leaders
- Content Marketing: What Buyers Really Want from Case Histories
- Free Template for a 1-Page Content Marketing Strategy
- Content Marketers: What’s the #1 Reasons Buyers Leave Websites?
- Great Content Marketing Makes Your Buyers Smarter
Thanks, happy holidays, and have a great 2016!
As a marketing change agent, I consult with clients, lead content marketing workshops for the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), and write the weekly Simplify Marketing blog.
With experience from Fortune 500 companies such as AT&T, RR Donnelley and Tellabs, I've been named:
- Content Marketer of the Year by the Content Marketing Institute.
- Best Marketer by BtoB magazine.
- A B-to-B CMO to watch by Fierce CMO.