— Fortune 500 companies such as SBC Communications, Ameritech and RR Donnelley
— S&P 500 companies such as Tellabs
— nonprofits such as the San Antonio Food Bank.
As some of the most widely held stocks in America, SBC and Ameritech distributed annual reports to more than 1 million shareholders.
Thanks to shareholder and analyst research, plus pretesting with institutional and individual shareholders and analysts, these annual reports consistently won:
- top rankings from annual report critic Sid Cato
- Nicholson Awards from retail investors
- a top award from the Holmes Report
- a Bronze Anvil award from the Public Relations Society of America.Most important, shareholder research showed that these reports positively influenced the companies’ shareholders to buy and hold shares of these companies.
Tellabs was among the first companies to integrate its community and corporate social responsibility (CSR) report into its mainstream annual report. Tellabs’ process for creating annual reports is featured in the book Excellence in Business Communication.
As a marketing change agent, I consult with clients, lead content marketing workshops for the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), and write the weekly Simplify Marketing blog.
With experience from Fortune 500 companies such as AT&T, RR Donnelley and Tellabs, I've been named:
- Content Marketer of the Year by the Content Marketing Institute.
- Best Marketer by BtoB magazine.
- A B-to-B CMO to watch by Fierce CMO.