The best content marketing applies the idea of challenger marketing to win big attention. Challenger marketing is all about telling customers something they don’t know about a problem or opportunity they didn’t know they had.
For example, Tellabs dared to tell customers some ugly truths in “The End of Profitability.” As mobile users consume more and more data, network costs are spiraling up.
But users don’t want to pay more when they use more data. So mobile operators’ profits are getting squeezed.
This article and the industry analyst study behind it led to calls from major customers, including top telecom service providers such as Telefonica, America Movil and Google. Customers called not only when the study was released, but years later. The study was available to customers only through Tellabs’ salesforce.
The study and articles about it ranked among the most-read content on Tellabs’ website. Telecom trade magazine Total Telecom noted that Tellabs’ content marketing produced 2 of the top 10 stories on its website.
As a marketing change agent, I consult with clients, lead content marketing workshops for the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), and write the weekly Simplify Marketing blog.
With experience from Fortune 500 companies such as AT&T, RR Donnelley and Tellabs, I've been named:
- Content Marketer of the Year by the Content Marketing Institute.
- Best Marketer by BtoB magazine.
- A B-to-B CMO to watch by Fierce CMO.
Latest posts by George Stenitzer (see all)
- Q&A – “How do you convince all levels of an organization to move toward content marketing and away from campaign to campaign?”
- “How do you efficiently take one piece of content and quickly adapt it across internal/external channels?” – Top 100 Question
- “How do you maximize content with as little effort and time as possible?” – Top 100 Question