Quotes from 12 content marketing gurus
Tomorrow we celebrate Thanksgiving. It’s a special day to say thanks to the people we’re grateful for, such as:
- You, a reader of my blog!
- Our clients at Crystal Clear Communications!
- Our business partners who help clients solve marketing problems!
- Marketers who participate in my content marketing workshops!
- Our families and friends who support us through it all!
I salute the top content marketing gurus by sharing a quote from each.
I’m sharing their Twitter handles too, since each is worth listening to, day to day.
How to win every marketing argument: Never bring an opinion to a data fight.”
Ardath Albee @ardath421: Thanks for your talks at Content Jam and Content Marketing World (CMW), and your ideas on buyer personas and storytelling:
Relevance is table stakes. Breaking through takes resonance.”
Tim Riesterer @TRiesterer: Thanks for your speeches at CMW and your ideas on how to create marketing messages, work with sales, and close complex sales:
When the products are the same, the better story wins.”
Mark Schaefer @markwschaefer: Thanks for your talks at CMW and the idea of Content Shock:
This intersection of finite content consumption and rising content availability will create a tremor I call The Content Shock.”
Lee Odden @leeodden: Thanks for your talks at CMW, your ideas on B2B content marketing and your vision of its future vis-à-vis public relations:
A slow merge is coming between PR and marketing. Integrated marketing communications are growing.”
Jay Acunzo @jayacunzo: Thanks for your presentations at Content Jam and CMW, and your encouraging marketers to embrace constraints and take risks:
Good marketers follow best practices. Great marketers craft their own. They do the unthinkable.”
‘Wait, what?’ is an important strategic question for content marketing.”
Be patient. Don’t give up too soon. Too many promising content-based businesses fail because they didn’t take the time to build a base.”
Andrew Davis @TPLDrew: Thanks for your inspiring talks at Content Marketing World and Content Jam, and your quote:
Make an appointment with buyers.”
Rand Fishkin @randfish: Thanks for your talks at Content Marketing World and your philosophy on content:
Content marketing is a slow game.”
Robert Rose @Robert_Rose: Thanks for your talks at the BMA-ANA Conference and CMW, and your ongoing wisdom:
How much content do you need to produce? Produce the minimum amount of content to produce the maximum results.”
Do your customers remember the right 10%?”
Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I’m grateful that each of you is writing, speaking and publishing as a content marketing guru.
You’re genuinely appreciated by marketers around the world.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!
As a marketing change agent, I consult with clients, lead content marketing workshops for the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), and write the weekly Simplify Marketing blog.
With experience from Fortune 500 companies such as AT&T, RR Donnelley and Tellabs, I've been named:
- Content Marketer of the Year by the Content Marketing Institute.
- Best Marketer by BtoB magazine.
- A B-to-B CMO to watch by Fierce CMO.
Latest posts by George Stenitzer (see all)
- Q&A – “How do you convince all levels of an organization to move toward content marketing and away from campaign to campaign?”
- “How do you efficiently take one piece of content and quickly adapt it across internal/external channels?” – Top 100 Question
- “How do you maximize content with as little effort and time as possible?” – Top 100 Question